Monday, March 3, 2008

Books on Professional Wrestling

It may be hard for some people who see the types of books I read and the subjects that interest me to figure out why I enjoyed professional wrestling. Simply it's soap opera (with violence) for men. Professional wrestling often displays the best acting, choreography and athletics that one can view.

I read Hardcore History: The Extremely Unauthorized Story of ECW by Scott E. Williams. I haven't read a lot of books on professional wrestling but this was a well written and researched one.

ECW was primarily a promotion based in Philadelphia that offered more hardcore and extreme wrestling. Wrestlers would be put through tables, hit with chairs and contest within barbed wire.

Unless you are a die hard ECW fan, this book isn't for you. For the ECW fan, it is a very good history with plenty of anecdotes and inside stories.

No comments: