Monday, April 23, 2007

Cutting to the Chase



I'll cut to the chase regarding Cut to the Chase and 99 Other Rules to Liberate Yourself and Gain Back the Gift of Time by Stuart Levine.

Rule #1. If you're just starting out in the business world or you are a new manager, this book may be useful for you. If you've been in the business world for five years or more, very little in this book in terms of advice should surprise you and you may not find it particularly new or informative.

Levine offers the following tips to improve your career prospects:
  • Get in early and go home on time
  • Don't hide your passion
  • Focus on one thing at a time
  • Know what's being asked of you

If I borrowed this book from the library, I would not have been as disappointed. However I made a financial investment purchasing the book (hardcover price less store discount) and my return regarding knowledge and ideas was low.

No comments: