Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What I Talk About When I Talk...by Haruki Murakawi

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is a memoir by an author who is a runner, er maybe a runner who is an author. I had read some decent reviews and since the author is about my age I was seeking some motivation for running in my mid 50s.

This short book will not make you a better runner or a better writer. My takeaway from this book is Murakawi's discipline when training and racing. He describes a marathon run through Greece that was part of a publicity piece about him. Murakawi felt duty bound to run the entire 26.2 grueling miles.

It's a decent book to offer as a gift to any long distance runners that you may know. They'll be able to appreciate the stories and dedication as told by Murakawi.

No comments: