Sunday, July 1, 2007

Books by Joshua Ferris and Bernard Goldberg

Two quick book reviews:

I tried to read Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. The reviews on the novel were very good and I looked forward to reading it. It deals with employees in an ad agency and how they deal with one another, particularly in a business downturn. I could not get into it. I read about the first twenty pages and then I came to the end of my interest in finishing it. Even with
over thirty years business experience, I could not relate to the employees, their actions or the company.

I skimmed Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right by Bernard Goldberg. This book is mostly a diatribe against the Left though Goldberg does take some shots against Republicans and supporters on the Right. My friends on the conservative side who read O'Reilly and Hannity will like it. What Goldberg has written, I hear on Fox all the time...

No comments: