Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Brief Profile of Me

What I'm Reading Now:  Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How To Build the Future by Peter Thiel

 On My Night Stand: Dead Week: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson and  All The Old Knives by: Olen Steinhauer

 Favorite Books When  I Was a Kid:   Hardy Boys, Tom Swift, Chip Hilton and Rick Brant series

Number of Books I've Read  Lifetime: 5,500 books or about 100+ books a years (est.)

 Favorite News Websites: Huffington Post, New York Times

Favorite Business Website: Seth Godin's Blog (  He writes a post every day and I read his post every day.)

 E-book or Paper?  My preference is to read a hardcover or paperback book.  Part of the reason is that I'd like to highlight or make notes within a book.  One can do this in an e-book but not very easily.

Current Magazine Subscriptions: None

Past Magazine Subscriptions: Runners World, Men's Health, Playboy ( a long time ago), U.S.  News and World Report

Literary Tastes:

  •  I may read one fiction book to every eight or nine nonfiction books.
  •  I rarely read fiction books authored by a woman.  I have no prejudice against nonfiction women authors.
  • Unfortunately I read or skim books too quickly. I also pull the trigger within the first 20 or 30 pages if a book does not interest me.

No comments: