Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Review of The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin

I should preface this review by pointing out I am not a Sarah Palin fan. I do not believe she is qualified for any national office. I think she is a celebrity just like Snooki, the wives of Beverly Hill and now, her daughter.
I think Joe McGinniss sums up his feelings about her at the end of his book. " Sarah Palin practices politics as lap dance and we're the suckers who pay the price. Members of our jaded national press corps eagerly stuff one hundred dollar bills into her G-string, even as they wink at one another to show that they don't take her seriously."
He doesn't have much good to say about her as a wife, mother, friend or politician. If you dislike Sarah, you'll love this book. If you're a fan, you will be outraged and should skip it.
I got the book from my local library. If you have been paying attention to the various news stories about this book, then you know the tone and venom in it.
Read Tom Friedman's That Used To Be Us instead.

No comments: