Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hit and Misses

I was on a 12 day cruise that finished last Friday. I took along a few books including Stoner that I reviewed earlier.

One of my greatest pleasures is to read a good book while laying in a chair by the pool....

Hit

The Last Assassin by Barry Eisler. This was an entertaining book to read on the cruise. Rain, along with Dox and his past squeeze, Delilah, attempt to eliminate a long bitter enemy of Rain who is threatening his infant son. Rain also has to balance his feelings for Midori, the mother of his son and Delilah. Plenty of action. Great dialogue. I really enjoy this series. Each book is better than the previous one.

Misses

The Sack of Rome by Alexander Stille. Stille covers the rise of Silvio Berlusconi, a media magnate and political power in Italy.

The Way of the Small by Michael Gellert. This book was not persuasive or fascinating to me as some of those promoting it claimed.

No comments: