Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Bible by Karen Armstrong

I had looked forward to reading Armstrong's The Bible: A Biography when I heard it was about to be published. Armstrong has an excellent reputation as a religious scholar and writer.

I have a lot of questions regarding the writing and publication of The Bible that contains the new and old testaments. Armstrong seemed to possess the expertise and even handiness on such a controversial book.

However I don't think that too many of my questions got answered.

To be honest, it's very hard for any author to do any justice regarding a history or analysis of the original Bible in 229 pages.

I think what I read was a good outline for a future book. I found the book very dry and at times hard to follow.

Readers may find this book ponderous and slow. It reads like a textbook for a religion class.

No comments: