Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Lincoln Lords Cameron Hawley

The Lincoln LordsThe Lincoln Lords by Cameron Hawley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To be honest, I skimmed through most of the book. There were sections of the book that just had too much dialogue that I was not interested. The book was written in the 1950s so quite a bit of it is dated, particularly as it relates to business culture and norms. I think this book was made into a movie and I can see where there is enough editing that it could be a compelling story. As the book starts out, Lincoln Lord is an out of work CEO. He has bills to pay and an ambitious wife to satisfy. He also has a spotty work record where his average tenure in his jobs was two years causing him to be termed " unemployable." This is not the type of book that I would recommend to anyone – – it's a bit soap operaish than anything else. It may have been a decent read in 1960 but it just didn't hold my attention in 2016.


View all my reviews

No comments: