Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One Man's List of Creditable and Influential Political Columnists

I skimmed through Christopher Hitchens last book titled Arguably. The book covers a series of essays on politics, people, culture and religion. I admire Hitchens' intellect and his way with the English language. I also admire (maybe more) his speaking skills and ability to think quickly and with wit on his feet.

In addition to Hitchens, I also enjoy the thoughts and columns of these columnists who write about current affairs, politics and culture. I don't list them in any particular order but I admit that Maureen Dowd is my favorite columnist and writer. She is great at exposing hypocrisy and weak arguments. You can find her articles in the New York Times.

  1. Maureen Dowd

  1. Frank Rich

  1. David Brooks

  1. Andrew Sullivan

  1. EJ Dionne

  1. Kathleen Parker

  1. Thomas Friedman

  1. Dana Milbank

  1. George Will

  1. Michael Smerconish

  1. Joe Klein

  1. Juan Williams

  1. Gail Collins

No comments: