Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Confession

I picked the wrong time to start this blog.

Not because I don't read. I do read. But not very deeply. My reading diet is varied. I probably read business 40 -50 emails daily. I skim the Inquirer daily on my Kindle. I read the delivered local newspapers.  There are about a dozen blogs I religiously read every day. I read, edit and review as many as a dozen or more business documents (policies, procedures etc.) Even as I sit down to watch a sporting event on TV, I read the scroll at the bottom of the screen.

What I don't read well are books. There is just too many distractions for my time and attention. I have picked up a startling number of books that I have not finished or have skimmed through looking for specific information.

What bothers me is that very few books keep my attention. Most times I guess it's my fault but there are so few compelling and original stories, thinking, research and ideas.

I just may be in a slump. Hopefully I can regain my interest in just reading for entertainment and knowledge....

No comments: