Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures by Dan Roam

I just finished Roam's book and coincidentally happened across this review of it in the Philadelphia Inquirer. The review pretty much sums up my feeling about the book and the business ideas presented. I have found very favorable reviews of Roam's book in blogs and other business periodicals.

My job requires a great deal of communications, often to simplify complex ideas and concepts to simple ones. I have experienced first hand how effective flowcharts, images and graphics are in employee communications. So Roam is preaching to the choir on how effective visual communications can be.

This is an excellent book for those responsible for business communications including technical writers, marketing managers, corporate communications personnel and trainers.

No comments: