Sunday, December 9, 2007

Think Big and Kick Ass: In Business and Life by Donald Trump and Bill Zanker

I should start out by saying that I have not bought a book about or by Donald Trump. I have borrowed books about and by him from the library.

I have not found books "authored" by Mr. Trump to be informative or useful, particularly to my career or financial circumstances. I am not in his league or pedigree. (Very few people are...)

So when I picked up "Think Big and Kick Ass," I was not disappointed. I leafed through it in about 45 minutes. Trump's business advice escaped me. I can't relate to it, particularly now after 35 years of corporate life.

What amused me were his opinions on celebrities like Martha Stewart, Mark Cuban, Rosie O'Donnell etc. I give Trump points for his candid opinions on people.

I was particularly surprised at his comments on Carolyn Kepcher, who used to work for him and assisted him on the TV show, The Apprentice. I guess that relationship soured.

Trump is better on TV. He is a much better interviewee than author...

If you're looking for useful business or career advice, I'd pass on this book. If you like exploring the personality of "The Donald," you may find this book entertaining.

No comments: