Sunday, May 8, 2016

Slow Burn by Ace Atkins (My Review)

Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn (Spenser, #44)Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn by Ace Atkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

 I have been reading Spencer books for quite a while. I don't think that I can distinguish the plot lines or stories among the 20 or more books that I have read in the series. If a reader picked up this book without having read the previous Spenser novels, they would not be at a significant disadvantage as far as understanding the characters. I really am looking for some type of change in the Spenser novels.

In this book, Spencer searches for arsonists responsible for the deaths of three firemen as a result of a church fire. In the course of his investigation, Spencer spits out one-liners and literary references. Of course, he engages with customary fisticuffs with various heavies. Hawk is there to cover his back. Susan continues to be his soulmate, lover and confidant.

Meh.


View all my reviews

No comments: