Friday, April 8, 2016

My Review: Our Souls At Night by Kent Haruf

Our Souls at NightOur Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this novel in a couple of hours. I found the story very compelling and did not want to put the book down until I was finished. My guess is that readers younger than 50 might not have the same interest in the story as I did. Basically, two lonely people hook up, a widow and a widower in their 70s. Their relationship begins slowly, both taking small steps to see if this relationship would work and it does for most of the book. I guessed that as the book moved along that there would be some event or unforeseen occurrence that would ruin their happiness. I was right. Beautifully written story but very melancholy.


View all my reviews

No comments: