Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Suicide of a Superpower by Pat Buchanan

Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025 by Pat Buchanan ★★


Buchanan offers his views that America will not survive primarily because our identity has changed from a Western Christian republic to something much more diverse and coarse. He agonizes over the "death of white America" and yearns for the days when Eisenhower was President.


Reputedly Pat Buchanan got fired from his job at MSNBC for this book and other critical comments he supposedly made. I'm not a Buchanan fan but he is at least civil in his criticisms. I enjoy hearing his views on the McLaughlin Group. I skimmed through much of the book and while I did not agree with most of Buchanan's conclusions, I did not see anything that was out of line as far as political discourse.


I would guess that Buchanan actually wrote this book. I wonder how many so called political analysts actually sit by a computer and write their books.

No comments: